“Winter Solstice is the equivalent of the solar New Year. It is a fertile time to set new intentions. The longest night of the year has been celebrated by many traditions as a sacred and rich time. It is during the winter solstice that the sun hugs closer to the horizon than at any other time during the year, giving way to the least amount of daylight annually. On the bright side, the day after the winter solstice marks the beginning of lengthening days leading up to the summer solstice. The winter solstice is a poignant time to stop and listen, to harmonize our energy and reassess our connection to our spirit and life’s purpose. It is a powerful time of re-birth and transformation – to acknowledge our shadow, heal our wounds, release old thought patterns and align with our light to illuminate our highest destiny.”
Ancients identified the purposes of the solstice of the year as imperative peaks of each cycle. They utilized this time to invoke deities, plan out the season and prepare for successes. It was understood that the alignments of different energies uniting at this point in time would open up cosmic and earthly possibilities and magic. These possibilities are infinitely endless. The most popular uses of this energy of Winter solstice are:
- Releasing old patterns – particularly the ones that have prohibited even blocked your gifts, skill, ability, passion and/or purpose
- Rekindling aspirations – taking time to revisit dreams and goals and mapping out a new path way for the upcoming new walk
- Seeking new inspirations – define what inspires you to be greater than you all ready are
- Beginning new cycles – newness allows creation and life to begin again honor this sacred time
- Welcoming Devine Light – During winter months we are in a more darker space, but with proper use of tools and preparation we can build a reserve of light by welcoming it into our life
In following our current traditions, we often look over the winter solstice and spearhead focus on new year’s eve and day celebrations. Many also create vows and resolve to be “better” or improve their life in a variety of ways. This is wonderful and has great purpose but is often done at the incorrect time and in an incorrect way. In recent years, vision boarding has become extremely popular and helpful to many who add action to their desire boards. Vision Boards truly work as do resolutions and more so especially during the winter solstice when the energy for magical doing and manifesting is highest.
There are quite a many Goddess energy archetypes that we can work with to amplify this energy. There is Egyptian Goddess Isis, who delivered her son Horus during winter solstice. Goddess Amaterasu, the japanese Goddess of the Sun. Also born and celebrated during the yule is Hindu Goddess Saraaswati of knowledge, music and creativity. Working with any of these energies or even the male energies associated with this time of year will strengthen your works you decided to embark on now.
There are a number of things you can do to aid yourself in having a Greater Outcome for your new year and take part of this yule energy. We acknowledge the solstice on the20th/21st day of December each year. But my sources inform that the portal of energy that is drummed up does not close down until the 7th day after the Opening day. Days 1-3 are the strongest of these 7, so do try to make a weekend of it if possible. Meanwhile the points below are things you can do to take part in this cosmic moment:
- BURNING CEREMONY: A burning ceremony is nothing new and yields great results. All you will need is pen and paper, a new candle from DollarTree or someplace awesomely cheap and a glass bowl or cup with water to have on hand for safety reasonings. Take hold of pen and paper and pour in it a list of all the things you would love or like to release for the new year. It is important to be very clear what it is you are letting go of on this list and having no reservations about any of them will be extra important. Light your candle with the intention that it will aid you in releasing these unfavorable things. As it kindles, rip, tear or cut the list in individual strips. At this point keep that glass cup or bowl of water close for safety purposes. Light each strip with the flame of the candle and allow it to burn down as far as you can allow over the water. Once it has reached its max drop it into the water and begin the next one. When all items on your list are reduced to mushy ash, Say a thanks to the universe and to your soul team for supporting you this year and each day in the year to come. I highly suggest doing something celebratory because you have broken old molds and have welcomed in new adventures all at one fail swoop…. WHO’S WINNING!! Burning away old things allows room for the manifesting you are now ready to do.
- AFFIRMATIONS: “Affirmations are a powerful tool for manifesting your goals – however they only work if the statement holds a sense of truth and triggers a positive emotional response.” Affirming is a tool aimed to reprogram beliefs but it also raises your vibrations to where our request can be heard and responded to. Focusing our energies on ourselves during this time of brining about will allow us to stand in our power in a whole new way then before.
- BE IN GRATITUDE: Practice gratitude daily of course but go an extra mile and within every hour of the day challenge yourself to say something you are grateful for of your past, your present and perhaps even you future. The later will help you to take it to a whole different level and enter you into visualization thus super magnetizes you to your desires.
- VISION BOARDING: Vision boarding is a BLAST!! Kid Ya not! If you have never done one, make this year a absolute time to begin. Building or constructing one during the YuleTide, would fully align you with the universal energy that takes into account the desires of any co-creators looking to manifest a golden future. Timely submission of your request, i.e. during winter solstice advances those goals you have been dreaming of. Check out our Shop for grabbing a copy of our Workbook pictured below or even better the Workbook Kit that has all kinds of magical tools included to make your one of kind Solstice adventure.